5:30 AM – Steps coming rapidly down the stairs, Ciccio standing in front of the couch looking at me.
Me – Yes?
Ciccio – Can we watch the rest of the ICarley show from last night?
Me – (in my head) Seriously???
Ciccio – Can I have breakfast?
Me – Sure, donuts it is.
I get dressed for the day. Make up and all.
7:05AM – More footsteps on the stairs, Lessi’s awake, I change diaper
Lessi – GG can I have donuts too??
Me – Sure
Lessi – I don’t want this.
Me – Of course you don’t. How about Little Bites? Yes? Good.
7:15AM – Renzo wakes up, change diaper, put in highchair and feed breakfast (without complaint!!!)
7:30AM – Play states game on ipad with Ciccio and Lessi
8:00AM – Ciccio and Lessi get dressed, brush teeth, use bathroom
8:30 AM – Ciccio gets on bus, my day with Lessi and Renzo begins…only it hasn’t even started and it’s only 8:30AM….
How many cups of coffee do you think I needed today?
Fridays are my day off for the next few months. This gives me time to have breakfast with my momma (she’s off every other Friday!) and make mini pancakes! They’re delicious!
I also stumbled upon this ah-may-zing website called Jim’s Pancakes. Check it out! Happy Friday!!
I decided to write today about the few posts that never made it out of the DRAFTS folder. They got started, scratched out, restarted, overwritten and finally, forgotten about. These drafts go all the way back to January 1 of 2011. From the very beginning there was a DRAFT in the drafts folder, but I’m ok with that. Because where would we be if we didn’t have to re-write our lives sometimes? Where would we be if we didn’t do our best and believe in our own work? Who knows, maybe these DRAFT posts will become a BLOG post this year.
What were your DRAFTS in 2011? Here are a few of mine…..
1. Two. Thousand. Eleven. Another year. A new year. A fresh beginning.
2. So I’m stealing a little from the awesome
3. I’ve worn myself out. My “To Do” list became a mile long and I slowly began losing sleep. So after a few days of NO routine whatsoever I grabbed a spare notebook from work and starting making a list. I’ve always lived my “life in lists”. For some reason I had a lapse in writing my lists for a period of time but now that I have gotten back on track I feel SO much better.
4. For many people Spring Break is here or it’s coming soon enough!
5. I am up bright and early this morning for the American Girl/Ronald McDonald House Fashion Show!!
6. I used to be able to write. I could write crazy imaginative stories. I could paint reality and fiction onto pages with no problem, but as of late I can’t seem to express my thoughts. My head just swirls into one mess of colors. I want to pull each color of the swirl out and put it down on paper. I want to share my thoughts and feelings. I want to believe that I could help someone with this
5. Life is Not a Reality Show – My good friend M&Ms (not that’s not her real name! Just my nickname for her 🙂 lent me this book. She absolutely loved it and hoped I would too.
4. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest – I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and thought it was awesome! I have yet to read this (and the number 3 book on this list) but I can’t wait until I do!
3. The Girl Who Played with Fire – mentioned above : )
2. You Better Not Cry – Yes this is a Christmas book but I didn’t have time over the holidays and what I have already read of this book is hysterical!
1. One For the Money – I started this book a while ago and then ran out of time. Hopefully I finish it before the movie comes out : )
I sat at a table in Barnes and Nobel on Saturday night. To my right was my laptop. To my left was my Business Law book. And in my hand was a photography magazine. (Yes, I realize the photography magazine is NOT part of the Business Law course but cut me some slack, I needed a break!) I flipped through two photo magazines with no interest and then I flipped through another and came across this article on Sanjay Kothari. In the text he states the following:
“Photography is a transformation of three dimensional reality into two dimensions. The transformation is objective, its not arbitrary, and theres a relationship betwen the picture and its corresponding reality.” – Kothari
Reading the article about Kothari and his works, allowed me to explore photography in a completely different view. Although I myself am not interesting in creating the type of photographs that Kothari creates I was intrigued by his work and couldn’t stop looking at his galleries. It is so amazing to see how ENORMOUS the photography field really is. Viewing work such as Kothari’s really opens my eyes to the other photographers out there. It has taught me to really look at pictures and try to see the story behind the memory that was caught in action.
If you would like to read the entire article you can click here: Sanjay Kothari: Shanghai Transformations – Digital Photo Pro | DigitalPhotoPro.com.
These are my crazy CURRENT OBSESSIONS that I use on almost a daily basis.
1. My Ipad SD Card reader for instant photo viewing after a shoot.
2. The BOBBLE water bottle. I just got this 18 oz. water bottle a few days ago and I LOVE it. That blue thing you see under the top? That’s a FILTER on my water bottle!!!!
3. I can not get ENOUGH of Crazy, Stupid, Love. It just might be in the DVD player (most nights) when I am falling asleep in bed.
4. My Vera Bradley tote. I got this for Christmas and have been using it ever since. I pack this back to the top when I’m trying to quickly get out the door with everything I need.
5. My365 app. This is on my Iphone and I absolutely love it. I started a little late this year and missed the first couple of days but I hope to continue to fill the calendar on this app and have my photos to review at the end of 2012.
6. This is my Vera Bradley Navy Microfiber Wallet. I got this on my trip to Rhode Island this summer. It was tucked in a clearance rack filled with junk in the BOOKSTORE. Yes, I bought this in a bookstore. (actually my mommy bought it for me!)
7. My final obsession this week is my Nikon camera lens COFFEE MUG. This mug is just so darn cool. The lens cap even twists on and off to serve as a travel mug.
What are your crazy CURRENT OBSESSIONS???
Lorenzo has turned 1! My Godson and I share the same birthday week and this year we got to celebrate both our birthdays together! Renzo is the happiest baby I know and has not stopped smiling since the day he was born. Enjoy these photos of Lorenzo in his birthday hat and an ENTIRE cake!
He was NOT happy that we tried to cut his cake for him!!